Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionBryan Spinks is one of the world's leading scholars in the field of liturgy and to have a comprehensive work by him on the Eucharist is a major catch for SCM. Like the author's previous work on Baptism, this will become a standard work about the Eucharist and Eucharistic theology worldwide. The book, a study of the history and theology of the Eucharist, is the fifth volume in the SCM Studies in Worship and Liturgy series and will help to establish the series as a place for landmark books of liturgical scholarship. This book will be aimed at undergraduate and graduate theology students, clergy and theologically literate laity. It will assume some technical kwledge (i. e. it is t an introduction to liturgy or introduction to sacraments), but will attempt to outline what the evidence is, and what current scholars think. On occasions it will advance or argue for why one interpretation is preferable to ather.
- Author BiographyBryan D. Spinks is Bishop F. Percy Goddard Professor of Liturgical Studies and Pastoral Theology at the Yale Institute of Sacred Music and Yale Divinity School, and a priest of the Church of England. From 1986 to 2000 he served as a member of and consultant to the Church of England Liturgical Commission, helping to prepare Common Worship.
- Author(s)Professor Bryan D. Spinks
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleSCM Studies in Worship & Liturgy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight918 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.