CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionChristopher Marlowe's most famous play exists in multiple versions, and scholars are still struggling to untangle the relationships among the different texts of the play. Though the copy text for this edition is the 1616 edition (B1), Appendix A reproduces four scenes and a chorus from the A-text, all of which differ substantially from their B-text analogues, along with the Sultan of Babylon scene from the 1663 edition of the play (B7). Readers can thus observe the mutations of the play Doctor Faustus (as well as the character of Faustus) through the course of early modern English theatre and culture. The introduction and appendices to this Broadview Edition provide a wealth of materials on Marlowe's life and work, the Faust tradition in Europe and Britain, magic and witchcraft, and the Protestant Reformation.
- Author BiographyMathew R. Martin is Associate Professor of English and Director of the Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies at Brock University, Canada.
- Author(s)Christopher Marlowe
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleBroadview Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight365 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byMathew R. Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.