Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 4 Oct
- AU $13.51Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoctor Thorne was considered by Trollope to be the best of his works - a profound examination of the relationship between money and love, as it shifts away from the city of Barchester to a more rural setting. Frank Gresham is bankrupt and in love. Unfortunately, the woman he loves, Mary Thorne, is illegitimate and broke. Frank's overbearing mother is against the match, insisting that Frank marry a wealthy heiress. Meanwhile, Doctor Thorne, Mary's uncle, kws a secret that could change everything - Mary is about to inherit a considerable fortune. But he wants the young lovers to make their decision unburdened by the kwledge. Will Frank succumb to family pressure, or go with his heart?
- Author BiographyAnthony Trollope was born on 24 April 1815 and attended both Harrow and Winchester schools. His family were poor and eventually were forced to move to Belgium, where his father died. His mother, Frances Trollope, supported the family through writing. Trollope began a life-long career in the civil service with a position as a clerk in the General Post Office in London - he is also credited with later introducing the pillar box. He published his first novel, The Macdermots of Ballycloran in 1847, but his fourth novel, The Warden (1855) began the series of 'Barsetshire' novels for which he was to become best known. This series of five novels featuring interconnecting characters spanned twenty years of Trollope's career as a novelist, as did the 'Palliser' series. He wrong over 47 novels in total, as well as short stories, biographies, travel books and his own autobiography, which was published posthumously in 1883. Trollope resigned from the Post Office in 1867 and stood for Parliament as a Liberal, though he was not elected. He died on 6 December 1882.
- Author(s)Anthony Trollope
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight463 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.