All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $42.29Trending at AU $46.12
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst sightseeing in Paris, 1979, the Doctor and Romana tice a series of unexplained temporal disturbances. When a visit to the Louvre lands them in hot water, they realise that a certain Count Scarlioni kws more about advanced techlogy than a 20th Century Parisian should. With British detective Duggan in tow, the time travellers become embroiled in an audacious plot to steal the Mona Lisa and sell it on the open market. Not only that, but Count Scarlioni appears to have more da Vinci masterpieces at his disposal - each one apparently genuine. What time experiment is Scarlioni forcing a genius professor to undertake? What is behind his suave persona, and what are his plans for t only Paris but the whole world? The Doctor and his friends must discover the answers before time itself runs out. Lalla Ward narrates this classic TV adventure, and in an exclusive bonus interview she recalls her time as Romana in the BBC TV series. 2 CDs. 1 hr 58 mins.
- Author Biography'David Agnew' is a pseudonym for author David Fisher, script editor Douglas Adams and producer Graham Williams, who collaborated to write the script for City of Death. Douglas Adams' contribution is especially apparent in the humour and dialogue. The serial was broadcast on BBC1 in four parts between 29 September and 20 October 1979, during a strike by rival broadcaster ITV. As a consequence, it received exceptionally high ratings, with the final episode attaining a record audience of over 16 million. City of Death was the first serial to film on location in Paris - previously, all filming had taken place in the UK. It is also notable for featuring cameo appearances by well-known actors John Cleese and Eleanor Bron.
- Author(s)David Agnew
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight89 g
- Width125 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Read byFull Cast,Lalla Ward,Tom Baker
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time118
- Edition StatementWW
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.