All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, the eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, first appeared on TV; in 2013, the year of the 50th anniversary of the first episode of Doctor Who, he regenerated into his successor, Peter Capaldi. This first book devoted to the era of Matt Smith and showrunner Steven Moffat is written by the experts on the Doctor. It is wide-ranging and varied in viewpoint and explores a colourful range of issues, including the performance of the Doctor, the gothic and fairy-tale genres, the portrayal of history on screen, gender and sexuality, the phemen of Christmas television, the transatlantic dimensions of the programme, its look and sound, promotional culture and audience response. Also discussed are Doctor Who interactive games and the spin off The Sarah Jane Adventures. Written in an accessible style, Doctor Who, the Eleventh Hour is a valuable contribution to Doctor Who watching and thinking, for all who follow or study this televisio phemen.
- Author BiographyAndrew O'Day is co-author, with Jonathan Bignell, of Terry Nation (2004). He received his PhD in Television Studies from Royal Holloway, University of London and has contributed chapters on 'classic' and 'new Who' to a range of edited collections.
- Author(s)Andrew O'Day
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWho Watching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight386 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.