All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPut on trial by the Time Lords, and found guilty of interfering in the affairs of other worlds, the Doctor is exiled to Earth in the 20th century, his appearance once again changed. His arrival coincides with a meteorite shower. But these are ordinary meteorites. The Nestene Consciousness has begun its first attempt to invade Earth using killer Autons and deadly shop window dummies. Only the Doctor and UNIT can stop the attack. But the Doctor is recovering in hospital, and his old friend the Brigadier doesn't even recognise him. Can the Doctor recover and win UNIT's trust before the invasion begins? This vel is based on Spearhead from Space , a Doctor Who story which was originally broadcast from 3-24 January 1970, featuring the Third Doctor as played by Jon Pertwee, his companion Liz Shaw and the UNIT organisation commanded by Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.
- Author BiographyTerrance Dicks worked together with Malcolm Hulke on scripts for The Avengers as well as other series before becoming Assistant, and later full Script Editor of Doctor Who from 1968. Dicks worked on the entirety of the Jon Pertwee Third Doctor era of the programme, and returned as a writer - scripting Tom Baker's first story as the Fourth Doctor: Robot. His later script writing credits on Doctor Who included the 20th anniversary story The Five Doctors. Terrance Dicks novelised many of the original Doctor Who stories for Target books, and has written original Doctor Who novels for BBC Books. Robert Holmes served with distinction in the army and also in the police before becoming a journalist and television writer. Holmes went on to become one of the Doctor Who's most prolific writers. He took over as Script Editor of Doctor Who in 1974 during one of the programme's most successful periods at the start of the Fourth Doctor's era, and established a background and society for the Time Lords that has endured to this day. Robert Holmes wrote for many other series including Doomwatch, Spy Trap, Dixon of Dock Green, Blake's 7 and many others. Holmes died in 1986, while working on the final episodes of the Doctor Who story The Trial of a Time Lord.
- Author(s)Terrance Dicks
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleDoctor Who
- Series Part/Volume Number145
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight106 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.