All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Doctor and Sarah arrive in London to find it deserted. The city has been evacuated as prehistoric monsters appear in the streets. While the Doctor works to discover who or what is bringing the disaurs to London, Sarah finds herself trapped on a spaceship that left Earth months ago travelling to a new world...Against the odds, the Doctor manages to trace the source of the disaurs. But will he and the Brigadier be in time to unmask the villains before Operation Golden Age changes the history of planet Earth and wipes out the whole of human civilisation? This vel is based on a Doctor Who story which was originally broadcast from 12 January-16 February 1974. Featuring the Third Doctor as played by Jon Pertwee with his companion Sarah Jane Smith and UNIT.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Hulke was a prolific and respected television writer from the 1950s until the 1970s. His writing credits included the early science fiction Pathfinders series, as well as The Avengers. Hulke was first approached to write for Doctor Who when the series first started, but his idea for The Hidden Planet was not pursued. In 1967 he wrote The Faceless Ones (with David Ellis) for the Second Doctor. By 1969, Hulke's friend and occasional writing partner Terrance Dicks was Script Editor for Doctor Who and needed a ten part story to replace other scripts and write out Patrick Troughton's Doctor. Together, they wrote The War Games, which for the first time explained the Doctor's origins and introduced his people, the Time Lords. Hulke continued to write for Doctor Who, providing a story for each of the Third Doctor's series. Malcolm Hulke died in 1979, soon after completing his novelisation of The War Games.
- Author(s)Malcolm Hulke
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Books
- Weight106 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.