CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the publication of the life of Tom Henry Wilson, basically in words he dictated in 1990. It describes his life from his earliest days as the son of a London doctor, through his own medical training towards qualifying and starting practice in Eastbourne. His career was interrupted by the beginning of the Second World War, at which time he went to France in February 1940 with the Royal Army Medical Corp, and became a prisoner of war when the field hospital where he was operating was overrun by German forces. He only returned to England in May of 1945 (actually crossing the coast on what became VE Day, May 8) The story of his 5 years as a POW is depicted in the typescript of an interview with staff of the Imperial War Museum. The book's editor, Tom's son Crichton, has added a few tes and corrections, and in particular has added some sections on Tom's life as a surgical consultant after the war in Eastbourne, and about some personal aspects of his life, including his love of tennis.
- Author BiographyCrichton Wilson is the son of Tom Wilson, and was born and bred in Eastbourne. After studying at Eastbourne College and Clare College, Cambridge, he worked as an Engineer in the aircraft industry in England, until being offered work in Montreal, Canada in 1966, where he has lived ever since. Tom visited Crichton in Montreal several times, and the two of then had the opportunity to become very close. After Tom's death, Crichton decided to put his story into electronic form, and later to publish it, especially after realizing the affection and respect Tom had earned in his life, as brought home by the wide range of people who took themselves to the Memorial Service held for Tom.
- Author(s)Tom Henry Wilson
- PublisherAdlibbed Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSpring Island
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAdlibbed Ltd
- Content Note22 photos, 10 documents
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byCrichton Wilson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.