CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionDistinguished, retired Australian surgeon, Dr John Wright, has written this fascinating account of some of the most publicized and torious cases of medical malpractice reported in Australia and elsewhere. The revealed diversity of medical misconduct is staggering. Cases such as Dr William McBride, Jayant Patel aka Dr. Death, Winifred Childs and Clarence Gluskie, both senior psychiatrists. Well kwn entrepreneur and socialite, Geoffrey Edelsten, cases in America and Britain such as Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the world famous advocate of euthanasia. The book also covers the damaging influence of pharmaceutical companies on doctors. The debate between abortion and the right to life. Cloning and medical experiments, including those conducted under the Nazi regime, Dr Christian Barnard and heart transplant dors. Legal lawsuits. The violation of medical ethics in Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, in Afghanistan and in Guantanamo Bay.
- Author BiographyDr. John Wright has enjoyed a distinguished career in medicine in Australia, England, and the United States. His special interest was open-heart surgery, particularly for the correction of childhood defects. He lives in Potts Point, Sydney, New South Wales.
- Author(s)John Wright
- PublisherJoJo Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJoJo Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width155 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.