All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding a foreword by Simon Callow, a dedicated admirer of the Maly, Dodin and the Maly Drama Theatre provides both a valuable methodological model for actor training and a unique insight into the journeys taken from studio to stage. This is the first ever full-length study of internationally-acclaimed theatre company, the Maly Drama Theatre of St. Petersburg, and its director, Lev Dodin.Maria Shevtsova provides an illuminating insight into Dodin's directorial processes and the company's actor 4raining, devising and rehearsal methods, which she interweaves with detailed analysis of the Maly's main productions. Dodin and the Maly Drama Theatre: Process to Performance demonstrates how the impact of Dodin's work extends far beyond that of his native Russia, and gives the reader unparalleled access to the company's practice.
- Author BiographyMaria Shevtsova is Professor of Theatre Arts and Director of Postgraduate Studies at Goldsmiths College, University of London. She is co-editor of New Theatre Quarterly.
- Author(s)Maria Shevstova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2004
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword bySimon Callow
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.