All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn search of an easier way to approach change... What makes change so H.A.R.D.? We struggle to lose weight, change jobs, improve our relationships or our financial condition and even give up addictions. We succumb to our habits and accept a life of mediocrity, wishing it could be different and incessantly hoping for that magic solution. The reality is that we are creatures of habit and change can be uncomfortable. Change requires hard work, consistency and time. We perceive it as a chore and most of us just don't want to work that hard. Yet, there have been times in your life when you have made great change and it has brought you to a much better place. You were willing to do whatever it took to achieve the outcome you desired and you did it! You succeeded. Hard or easy, it's how you think about it! Your thinking is what makes change H.A.R.D. In this book, Julie Donley provides a roadmap to understand your mind and how your thinking creates the obstacles to change. She describes the psychological and emotional aspects of change and explains the thinking that accounts for the real-life problems we encounter. She then guides you to confront and overcome the obstacles to success with eight strategies needed for making the changes you desire. In this book you will learn how to: - Gain personal insight and understanding into how you sabotage your efforts - Identify your motivation for making a change - Shift your perspective regarding time and expectations - Create the internal and external supports required to achieve the results you desire - Manage your emotions as part of the process of change - Tame your fear and learn to master your negative inner dialogue This book is an easy-to-read, how-to manual providing insightful guidance on your journey toward a happier and healthier life. Author's warning: you may want to relinquish old ways of giving yourself a hard time in exchange for an easier way. Are you ready to play a new game? Are you ready to give up H.A.R.D. for EASY?
- Author BiographyJulie Donley is no stranger to tragedy. She knows firsthand what it means to conquer adversity. Having overcome addiction, a grave illness, divorce, the untimely death of her ex-husband, single-parenthood, obesity, indebtedness as well as being laid-off three times, Julie brings a wealth of personal experience to her work. In her quest for a better life, she has found that the path to happiness resides within - in becoming a better person. This is the foundation for her life and her work. Julie has worked in psychiatric nursing since 1993 and founded her company, Nurturing Your Success, in 2001 to assist people in achieving their goals through self-mastery. Dedicated to advancing human potential, Julie is passionate about educating and coaching people on the strategies and beliefs needed to be their best, create healthy relationships and overcome the obstacles to happiness and success. She is known for her wit, wisdom, compassion and her ability to quickly get to the heart of the matter to help people achieve real and sustainable change. Julie is a recognized expert in Personal Development and is named one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in her field. She is the author of several books including Does Change have to be so H.A.R.D.? and The Journey Called YOU: A Roadmap to Self-Discovery and Acceptance as well as hundreds of articles published worldwide. Julie publishes an electronic newsletter and blogs regularly through her website www.NurturingYourSuccess.com. Julie received her master's in business from DeSales University, a bachelor's in nursing from Gwynedd Mercy College and a bachelor's in business from Temple University. She is a graduate of Coach University, the Six Advisors Coaching Academy and attended classes through the Graduate School of Coaching. Today, Julie lives in Eastern Pennsylvania and enjoys a great life with her husband, Lou, her son Josh, stepson Jael and their five cats. For more information about Julie and her services, visit her website www.NurturingYourSuccess.com.
- Author(s)Julie Donley Rn
- PublisherNurturing Your Success Publications
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNurturing Your Success Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.