All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this engaging introductory dialogue, Todd Moody maps the spectrum of philosophical arguments and counterarguments for the existence of God. Structuring colloquial conversations along classical lines, he presents a lively and accessible discussion of issues that are central to both theist and atheist thinking, including the burden of proof, the first cause, a necessary being, the natural order, suffering, miracles, experience as kwledge, and rationality without proof. The second edition is a significant and comprehensive revision. Moody broadens and deepens the conversation by addressing additional arguments, such as the problem of animal suffering, the moral argument, intelligent design, and human exceptionalism. The discussion of the cosmological argument is updated to reflect recent work on the Kalam Cosmological Argument. A short preface explains the scope of the work and the purpose of the dialogue form. Suggested further readings of contemporary and classical sources are also included.
- Author BiographyTodd C. Moody is Professor of Philosophy at St. Joseph's University.
- Author(s)Todd C. Moody
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine532 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.11
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.