All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionAfter many years of working in standup comedy, followed by a small nervous breakdown, I decided to learn about cooking at the age of fifty. Along the way, I found a little bit of sanity. If you're a full-fledged foodie or a kitchen klutz, whether you love to cook or live for take-out -- if you're craving humor with a bite, this book is for you. Join me on my stumbling culinary journey, as I bridge the gap between Top Ramen and Top Chef, from 'The Piggly Wiggly Cookbook' to 'Modernist Cuisine.' If you like gadgets, I'll tell you about everything from quia sifters to guns that shoot beef jerky. You'll also read about two of the most important things any good cook should have: a cast-iron skillet and a catchphrase. You'll meet a group of performers who make music with vegetables . . . a man who has made the best doughnuts in L.A. for the past fifty years . . . and a tattooed, fire-loving chef with a connection to Hunter S. Thompson. Find out how the host of The Splendid Table feels about okra, and learn about cooking a fox from somebody's mom. My own mom makes a surprise appearance, too, and I even throw in a couple of recipes for good measure. Dig in!
- Author BiographyMichael Dane has successfully avoided real work for most of his adult life. He has been a writer since fourth grade, when his mom read his first story and said, You should be a writer. Instead, he did standup comedy, appearing regularly at the Comedy Store in Hollywood. He's also performed on a frozen lake for the opening of ice-fishing season, at a synagogue for Purim, and at the Oxnard Strawberry Festival. Surprisingly, none of those gigs led to an HBO special. Michael Dane lives in Minneapolis now, where he has decided his mom was probably right. Not for nothing, he also makes a killer meatloaf.
- Author(s)Michael Dane
- Date of Publication06/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.