All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe central theme of this book is modesty, a tion so simple and common that most of us would dismiss it as irrelevant to our daily lives. But Rabbi Manis Friedman asks us to look again. And as we do he explains, clearly and succinctly, how modesty can become a powerful tool for change. Gently and with humor, Rabbi Friedman helps us redirect our thinking about sexuality and refocus our ideas about intimacy. In so doing, he moves us toward a truer understanding of ourselves and how we can cope with the changing world around us.
- Author BiographyWorld-renowned author, counselor, lecturer and philosopher, Rabbi Manis Friedman uses ancient wisdom and modern wit as he captivates audiences around the country and around the world. He hosts his own critically acclaimed cable television series, Torah Forum with Manis Friedman, syndicated throughout North America. Over 150,000 copies of his provocative yet entertaining tapes, both audio and video have been sold. Rabbi Friedman's first book, DOESN'T ANYONE BLUSH ANYMORE?, published by Harper San Francisco in 1990, was widely praised by the media. BLUSH is currently in its fourth printing. Following the publication of the book, he was featured internationally in over 200 print articles, and interviewed on more than 50 television and radio talk shows. He has appeared on CNN, A&E Reviews, PBS, and BBC Worldwide, and has been the subject of articles in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Seventeen, Guideposts, Insight, Publisher's Weekly and others. Rabbi Friedman is a noted Biblical scholar, recognized for his sagacious grasp of Jewish mysticism. In 1971, he founded Bais Chana Institute of Jewish Studies in Minnesota, the world's first yeshiva exclusively for women, where he continues to serve as dean. From 1984-1990 he served as simultaneous translator for the Lubavitcher Rebbe's televised talks. Rabbi Friedman is a professionally ranked member of the National Speakers Association. His speaking tours take him to every part of this country as well as Israel, England, The Netherlands, South Africa, Australia, Brazil, Venezuela, Peru, Canada, and Hong Kong. Rabbi Friedman was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia in 1946 and immigrated with his family to the United States in 1950. He received his rabbinic ordination from the Rabbinical College of Canada in 1969. Rabbi Manis Friedman enthuses each of his listeners and readers with a sense of purpose and definite direction.
- Author(s)Manis Friedman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJ S Morris
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.