All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.53
- AU $50.00Trending at AU $70.59
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.38
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.79
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.23
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Prime Minister's Literary Award, 2010 Introduced by Yann Martel Abandoned in a big city at the onset of winter, a hungry four-year-old boy follows a stray dog to her lair. There in the rich smelly darkness, in the rub of hair, claws and teeth, he joins four puppies suckling at their mother's teats. And so begins Romochka's life as a dog. Weak and hairless, with his useless se and blunt little teeth, Romochka is ashamed of what a poor dog he makes. But learning how to be something else...that's a skill a human can master. Fortunately - because one day Romochka will have to learn how to be a boy. The story of the child raised by beasts is timeless. But in Dog Boy Eva Hornung has created such a vivid and original telling, so viscerally convincing, that it becomes t just new but definitive- Yes, this is how it would be.
- Author BiographyEva Hornung was born in Bendigo and now lives in rural South Australia. Formerly published as Eva Sallis, Hornung is an award-winning writer of literary fiction and criticism: her first novel Hiam won the Australian/Vogel Literary Award in 1997 and the Nita May Dobbie Award in 1999. Her novel The Marsh Birds won the Asher Literary Award 2005 and was shortlisted for numerous awards including the Age Book of the Year 2005, NSW Premier's Literary Award and the Commonwealth Writers' Prize. Eva Hornung's highly acclaimed Dog Boy was shortlisted for numerous prizes and won the Prime Minister's Literary Award in 2010.
- PrizesWinner of Prime Minister's Literary Awards (Australia): Fiction 2010. Shortlisted for ABIA Australian Literary Fiction Book of the Year 2010 and Victorian Premier's Literary Award - Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction 2009.
- Author(s)Eva Hornung
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleText Classics
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Introduction byYann Martel
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.