All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionA one-of-a-kind gallery of canine pet food label art coupled with tail-wagging quotes and literary words of wisdom. When it comes to dog food, Americans are most familiar with a few iconic brands. But in the 1950s to the 70s, there were scores of companies competing for the canine cuisine market through colorful label art and bold logotypes that enticed pet owners with promises of nutritious meals and meaty morsels for their furry best friends. Dog Food for Thought is a colorful, quirky, one-of-a-kind gallery of pet food label art that showcases rare and visually engaging examples culled from the authors extensive archives. It s been argued that we live in a dog s world; these labels bring to life the joys of caring for, feeding, and walking our pets and remind us why we call the canine man s best friend. Filled with exceptional commercial artwork, select quotes, and carefully curated words of wisdom, this book is the perfect gift for designers, dog lovers, and pop culture fanatics alike.
- Author BiographyWarren Dotz is a pop culture historian, collector, designer, and the author of nine books on advertising design and commercial label art, including the award-winning Ad Boy and Meet Mr. Product. He lives in San Francisco. Masud Husain is a graphic designer, branding specialist, and avid collector of American advertising ephemera. He designed and coauthored the award-winning books Meet Mr. Product and Ad Boy with Warren Dotz. He lives in Albany, CA.
- Author(s)Masud Husain,Warren Dotz
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.