All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake training fun and effective This friendly guide shows you how to select the right training method for your dog, based on his unique personality, to reach your desired goals. Whether you want to teach Buddy to sit or master retrieving, you'll get expert training tips and techniques for you and your dog - to ensure a mutually respectful relationship with your four-legged friend. * Concentrate on canines - discover why your dog acts the way she does, understand her nutritional needs, and ready yourself for the task of training your dog * Prep for your pup - prepare your home for your puppy's arrival, discover the importance of socialization, and get started on housetraining * Put your best paw forward - teach basic commands like Sit, Stay, and Down, and get the scoop on how to deal with doggie don'ts like chewing, digging, and excessive barking * Take training to the next level - get involved in organized dog activities and competitions, where you'll both show off impressive tricks like retrieving, figure 8s, and much more Open the book and find: * Step-by-step instructions for teaching your dog basic commands * Helpful advice on crate training * Safe ways to address aggression and separation anxiety * Tips for teaching Buddy to behave himself around people and other dogs * Techniques to keep your senior dog feeling young * Health issues that can interfere with training * Experts to turn to for training help Learn to: * Use positive reinforcement as an effective teaching tool * Select the gear you need for training success * Teach the basics including Sit, Stay, and Down * Eliminate unwanted behavior
- Author BiographyJack and Wendy Volhard are internationally recognized for their contributions to dog training, health, and nutrition. At the heart of their teaching is the Motivational Method, a unique approach to training that is aimed at people who value dogs first and foremost as pets and companions.
- Author(s)Jack Volhard,Wendy Volhard
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Weight536 g
- Width186 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- joyleenmcc196209 Apr, 2013by
This is an awesome book. Every dog owner should have it.
It was easy to find and it has helped with my dog. This is written in English and everyone can follow it step by step. The one thing I wish it could do is train the dog for me but seeing it is just a book it gives me great ideas instead.
- kenmac_12305 Apr, 2013by
Understand your dog & have fun together.
Explains training activities clearly to all levels. I have 2 chihuahuas & they love the training exercises & are progressing well.Not only good for training but helps you to understand dog behaviours. Makes trsining fun for owners as well as dogs.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72