All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theories and analyses of post-structural thinkers such as Michel Foucault can seem a long way from practice in early childhood services. In recent years, however, many early childhood researchers and practitioners have found this work important and this fascinating book brings together a range of research and case-studies showing how teachers and researchers have brought post-structuralism to the classroom. The book covers such issues as: * becoming post-structurally reflective about truth * mapping classroom meanings * tactics of rhizoanalysis * becoming again in critically-kwing communities. Case-studies and examples taken from real situations are used and will be of interest to anyone studying or researching early childhood practice and policy.
- Author BiographyGlenda Mac Naughton is Associate Professor in Early Childhood and Director of the Centre for Equity and Innovation in Early Childhood, Faculty of Education, the University of Melbourne.
- Author(s)Glenda McNaughton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContesting Early Childhood
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.