All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at politics students in their final year of secondary education or beginning their degrees, this highly readable book is the ideal introduction to politics. Doing Politics is a detailed guide to both the study and the activity of politics, which explores why we study politics, what is involved in a politics degree, and the skills and mindset that are needed to tackle the subject. Key questions are answered, including: * Just what is politics and how does it affect us? * Why does politics, and why do politicians, get a bad press? * How do we study n-traditional forms of politics? Assuming prior kwledge, this lively and engaging guide is the perfect introduction to the academic study of politics.
- Author BiographyDr Jacqueline Briggs is Principal Lecturer in Politics at the University of Lincoln. She has served as the Political Studies Association UK's Chair of their Sub-Committee on Teaching and Learning Politics (from 2005 until 2009). In 2008, Jacqui co-edited the Political Studies Association's Study Politics guide. This was sent out to every sixth form and college in the United Kingdom. She is currently the Associate Editor of the ECPR's journal European Political Science and has specific responsibility for articles on the Teaching and Learning of Politics.
- Author(s)Jacqui Briggs
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDoing... Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight250 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.