Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.75Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Offers a practical and helpful guidebook both for students and supervisors. It is recommended for research students at the early stages of their research studies, because it provides a thought-provoking account of the different aspects of post-graduate research. Additionally, it can be a useful tool and resource pack for advanced research students who want to think about viva and career options after the completion of the PhD...a useful addition to the growing literature of books on post-graduate research. It provides t only a helpful reading but also a complete multimedia resource pack for new and more-advanced students and supervisors.' - Educate Journal The prospect of undertaking postgraduate research can seem daunting. This thoroughly revised Second Edition of Doing Postgraduate Research will show you how to undertake your research better, quicker, and with as little hassle as possible. The text offers an authoritative and comprehensive guide to better research practice and is fully compliant with research training requirements, including the Joint Research Councils' Skills Statement. Doing Postgraduate Research will enable you to acquire research methods skills as you proceed through your Masters or PhD programme. Key topics include: * Designing and organizing a research project * Understanding alternative research perspectives * Doing a literature review * Academic writing * IPR and Ethics in research * Research presentations * Preparing for a viva * Career development. Activities are used throughout the book to link the material to student's own research projects, encouraging practical 'training by doing'. The book comes with a DVD and website which illustrate key features of the research process, and provide further reading and a guide to additional resources. Visit the companion website at www.sagepub.co.uk/potter Doing Postgraduate Research is an invaluable tool for students, supervisors, and all with research training responsibilities. SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills website for tips, quizzes and videos on study success!
- Author BiographyThe book is edited by Professor Stephen Potter at the Open University with contributions from himself and a team with a wealth of multidisciplinary research training experience including Martin Le Voi, Chris High, Jane Montague, Wendy Stainton-Rogers, Theresa Lillis, Sarah North, John Oates, Trevor Collins, Ann Jones and Verina Waights.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitlePublished in Association with the Open University
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byStephen Potter
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.