All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom leading researcher and bestselling author, John McLeod, this substantially rewritten and restructured third edition is the most accessible and comprehensive 'how to' guide on conducting a successful research project in counselling and psychotherapy. Taking you step-by-step through the research process, this new edition includes: *A list of 9 basic principles for doing meaningful and practically useful research *Chapters on basic research skills: developing a research question, critically evaluating research studies, compiling a research proposal, using qualitative and quantitative methods, and fulfilling the requirements of ethics committees *Chapters on 5 main types of research product that can be accomplished by vice researchers: qualitative interview studies, systematic case studies, practice-based outcome research, autoethgraphic inquiry, and publishable literature reviews *Guidance on how to get your work published. Supported by a companion website (https://study.sagepub.com/mcleod) offering relevant journal articles, sample ethical consent forms, links to open access research tools and more, this is an indispensable resource for any counselling trainee or practitioner learning about the research process for the first time. John McLeod is Emeritus Professor of Counselling at the University of Abertay Dundee.
- Author BiographyJohn McLeod has held appointments in universities in the UK, New Zealand and Italy, and is currently Professor of Counselling at the Institute for Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Dublin, and Professor of Psychology, University of Oslo. He is committed to promoting the relevance of research as a means of informing therapy practice and improving the quality of services that are available to clients, and has received an award from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy for his exceptional contribution to research. His writing has influenced a generation of trainees in the field of counselling, counselling psychology and psychotherapy, and his books are widely adopted on training programmes across the world.
- Author(s)John McLeod
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.