All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoing Science, second edition, offers a rare compendium of practical advice based on how working scientists pursue their craft. It covers each stage of research, from formulating questions and gathering data to developing experiments and analyzing results and finally to the many ways for presenting results. Drawing on his extensive experience both as a researcher and a research mentor, Ivan Valiela has written a lively and concise survey of everything a beginning scientist needs to know to succeed in the field. He includes chapters on scientific data, statistical methods, and experimental designs, and much of the book is devoted to presenting final results. Now in its second edition, Doing Science has been completely updated and expanded to include a brand-new chapter on doing science in society, as well as increased coverage of the ethics of avoiding conflict of interest. Anyone beginning a scientific career, or who advises students in research will find Doing Science, second edition, an invaluable source of advice.
- Author BiographyIvan Valiela is Senior Resident Scientist of the Ecosystems Center at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Ivan Valiela
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note11 black and white halftones, 108 line illustrations.
- Weight612 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.