All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis bold agenda-setting title continues to spearhead interdisciplinary, multisensory research into experience, kwledge and practice. Drawing on an explosion of new, cutting edge research Sarah Pink uses real world examples to bring this invative area of study to life. She encourages us to challenge, revise and rethink core components of ethgraphy including interviews, participant observation and doing research in a digital world. The book provides an important framework for thinking about sensory ethgraphy stressing the numerous ways that smell, taste, touch and vision can be interconnected and interrelated within research. Bursting with practical advice on how to effectively conduct and share sensory ethgraphy this is an important, original book, relevant to all branches of social sciences and humanities.
- Author BiographySarah Pink is Professor of Design and Media Ethnography at RMIT University in Australia, and Professor in Applied Social and Cultural Analysis at Halmstad University in Sweden. She is a global leader in sensory and visual ethnography. Her work is usually interdisciplinary and international, connecting anthropological ethnography to design and engineering disciplines as well as to documentary and arts practice, in projects that challenge conventional ethnographic temporalities, and bring academic scholarship to applied research problems. Sarah's other recent books include Doing Visual Ethnography (3rd edition) (2013), Situating Everyday Life (2012) and Advances in Visual Methodology (2012).
- Author(s)Sarah Pink
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight576 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.