All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionDoing Sociolinguistics: A practical guide to data collection and analysis provides an accessible introduction and guide to the methods of data collection and analysis in the field of sociolinguistics. It offers students the opportunity to engage directly with some of the foundational and more invative work being done in the quantitative or variationist paradigm. Divided into sixteen short chapters, Doing Sociolinguistics: * can be used as a core text in class or as an easy reference whilst undertaking research * walks readers through the different phases of a sociolinguistic project, providing all the kwledge and skills students will need to conduct their own analyses of language * features excerpts from key research articles; exercises with real data from the authors' own research; sample answers to the exercises; and further reading * is supported by the Routledge Sociolinguistics Companion website (www.routledge.com/textbooks/meyerhoff) which features further online exercises with sound files. Designed to function as both a core text for methods classes in sociolinguistics and as a companion to the Routledge textbook Introducing Sociolinguistics, this book will be essential reading for all students studying and researching in this area.
- Author BiographyMiriam Meyerhoff is Professor of Linguistics at Victoria University of Wellington. Erik Schleef is Senior Lecturer in the Division of Linguistics and English Language at the University of Manchester, UK. Laurel MacKenzie is Lecturer in the Division of Linguistics and English Language at the University of Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)Erik Schleef,Laurel MacKenzie,Miriam Meyerhoff
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 29 black & white line drawings
- Weight376 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.