Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDragonetti devoted his life to the double bass. His career in England (1794-1846) is one of the most remarkable success stories in the annals of musical history. His unprecedented virtuosity elevated the double bass to a new status. In combination with his charismatic personality his musical talent dominated the English cultural world for more than fifty years. As performer, composer, collector, and friend, he exposed the unforeseen potential of the double bass. His formidable talent as a musician and businessman provides an unusual insight into nineteenth-century entrepreneurship. This first substantial biography and assessment of Dragonetti's career allows us to understand his importance in the history of music in general and of double-bass performance in particular.
- Author BiographyFiona M. Palmer has been Professor and Head of the Department of Music at the National University of Ireland Maynooth since 2007 having previously held a Senior Lectureship at the Queen's University of Belfast.
- Author(s)Fiona M. Palmer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Note8 pp plates, tables, figure, music examples
- Weight651 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.