All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines domestic extremism and what is popularly referred to as radicalization. The fear of domestic extremism has been used to dismantle democracy and erect national security states throughout North America, Western Europe, and beyond. Yet, despite the ermous costs citizens have paid in the name of security, society has become less secure and less safe. In many respects, this situation has resulted from the misapprehension of the conditions that make the emergence of this threat probable. Kowalski focuses on the macro social relations and structures that make radicalization probable. As demonstrated through an analysis of the so-called Toronto 18-an extremist group arrested in June of 2006 for activities that contravened the Canadian Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA)-macro social relations and structures served a significant role in creating the conditions through which the process of radicalization became probable. If a comprehensive understanding of the processes of radicalization are to be reached and effective counter-terrorism policies developed, then the consideration this book provides of greater macro social relations and structures that make the emergence of extremist subjectivities probable is needed.
- Author BiographyJeremy D. Kowalski is Adjunct Professor at York University, Canada. He teaches courses on violence and terrorism, popular geopolitics and the war of terror, geopolitics, and the geography of Canada. He obtained his PhD in Geography from York University, Canada.
- Author(s)Jeremy Kowalski
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.