All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDomestic Violence in Medieval Texts addresses a topic critical to our understanding of the medieval past - its tions of childhood and marital relations, its attitudes toward corporal punishment, and its contribution to the shaping of our present-day tions of family values. Using a wide range of late medieval narratives, including poetry, law, sermons, saints' lives, drama, and icography, the authors explore the meaning and social effects of punitive violence within the domestic sphere.
- Author BiographyEve Salisbury in assistant professor of English at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo. She is a coeditor of The Middle English Breton Lays and The Trials and Joys of Marriage (forthcoming). Georgiana Donavin is associate professor of English at Westminster College, Salt Lake City, She is the author of Incest Narratives and the Structure of Gower's Confessio Amantis. Merrall L. Price has written articles on violence in the Middle Ages and is currently pursuing research on anti-Semitism and reproductive politics in late medieval Europe and contemporary North America.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note42 b&w photographs, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight626 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byEve Salisbury,Georgiana Donavin,Merrall Llewelyn Price
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.