All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon Quixote. The name is universally kwn for the idealistic, possibly insane, wannabe knight as much as a masterpiece of literature. <i>Don Quixote</i>, the book, is widely regarded as the first modern vel while Don Quixote, the character, isamong the most recognizable and beloved ever created.The author, Miguel de Cervantes, once said of Don Quixote that he was created 'that children may handle him, youths may read him, men may understand him and old men may celebrate him.' Indeed, the misadventures of Quixote and his faithful squire, Sancho Panza, are comical and entertaining to readers of all ages. At the same time, they speak deeply of man's place in the world and his aspirations. This Campfire graphic vel adaptation is the ideal introduction to a story that readers will return to again and again throughout their lifetime.
- Author BiographyMiguel de Cervantes Saavedra was born on September 29, 1547 in Spain. After some studies in Madrid, Miguel became a soldier at the age of 21. In 1571 he took part in the battle of Lepanto. While returning from military service, Miguel was kidnapped by Barbary pirates and enslaved in Algiers for five years. After several escape attempts, he was eventually ransomed and returned to Spain in 1580. Five years later Miguel entered the civil service, working as a tax collector and government purchasing agent. However, literary success eluded the author until the publication of <i>Don Quixote</i> in 1605.
- Author(s)Miguel de Cervantes
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Content Note1
- Weight185 g
- Width166 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.