All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the world of historical painting, Don Troiani stands alone, universally acclaimed for the accuracy, drama, and detail of his depictions of America's past. In Don Troiani's Regiments and Uniforms of the Civil War, first released in 2002, the artist turned his brush to the units and uniforms of the War between the States. Through Troiani's careful reconstructions and the accompanying text, the book offers one of the most comprehensive looks at Civil War uniforms ever undertaken. In addition to the full volume in hard cover, Stackpole Books w presents four handsome, individually bound paperbacks, each covering different branches of service and types of soldier. The outcome of nearly every major battle of the war depended on infantry, the foot soldiers in blue and gray who wielded the muskets and sabers. Although some standardization existed, soldiers often modified their uniforms to meet battlefield necessity or to express unit pride, such as the Pennsylvania regiment kwn by the bucktails troops wore in their hats. The photographs in this volume indicate what infantrymen wore and carried, and Troiani's paintings bring the men and their deeds to vivid life.
- Author BiographyDon Troiani attended the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and New York City's Art Students League. His first Civil War print was released in 1980, and in 1984 he established Historical Art Prints to distribute his work. His artwork is in numerous major collections, including American Heritage magazine, the National Park Service, the U. S. Military Academy at West Point, the Pentagon, and the Smithsonian Institute. Earl J. Coates, former curator of the National Security Agency, is a leading authority on Civil War uniforms. Now retired and living in Gettysburg, he has been involved with Maryland Arms Collectors, the North-South Skirmish Association, and the Friends of Gettysburg National Park. Michael J. McAfee is an author of numerous books and articles. He is a collector of Civil War photography and an authority on Civil War uniforms, particularly Zouaves. He is a curator at the West Point Museum at the United States Military Academy.
- Author(s)Don Troiani,Earl J. Coates,Michael J. McAfee
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 31 colour illustrations, 77 colour illustrations
- Weight28 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.