All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the famous graffiti artists from New York City's 1970s subway era was an unassuming talent from the unassuming borough of Queens. The Italian-American rock and roller who wrote DON 1 MAFIA blasted onto the scene like a meteorite out of where. His influence on this art form transcended the inner city and he became a legend and a household name. But his descent from the top of this name game, a result of the hedonistic lifestyle of New York City at the time, was just as swift, and for years DON1 has lived in obscurity. Fortunately, as a photographer studying at the prestigious school of Art and Design, DON1 documented his iconic work, along with that of his well kwn contemporaries, using his trusted 35mm camera. This penetrating work takes the reader inside the superva that was DON1's creative life with nearly 200 never before seen graffiti photos of the most undocumented NYC train lines and an even rarer glimpse at work from his black book.
- Author BiographyPart of the rolling subway art of NYC graffiti since 1977, Louie KR.ONE Gasparro is a graphic designer, painter, and musician living and working in the New York City area with his wife and three sons.
- Author(s)Louie Gasparro
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note222 b/w & colour photos
- Weight1135 g
- Width305 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.