All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionDonald Campbell was born into the world of record-breaking, as the only son of the legendary Sir Malcolm Campbell, famous in the inter-war years as the ultimate record breaker with nine land and four water speed records. This richly illustrated book provides a unique insight into the life of Donald Campbell, a brave and intense man obsessed with doing better than his father and flying the flag for Britain as the pioneering nation of speed record breakers and leading-edge designers. With much new and rare material, it reveals the record attempts made with his Bluebirds on land and water, capturing the life-and-death dramas played out against the barren backdrop of Lake Eyre in Australia and the verdant hills surrounding Coniston Water in the English Lake District.
- Author Biography<b>David de Lara</b> is a writer, producer, and director who has written widely about the Campbell family. <b>Tonia Bern-Campbell</b> was married to Donald Campbell from 1958 until his death in 1967.
- Author(s)David de Lara
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations, 150 black & white illustrations
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.