All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWith heart-wrenching honesty, Donald's Story chronicles the last days and years of one family's drama through the hell which is Alzheimer's dementia. This story will make you cry, make you laugh, and make you think. It's a must read for anyone who will ever get old -- particularly for anyone who may one day be a caregiver, an AD patient, or a supportive family member of the same. The suffering wreaked from terminal dementia is a saga which is becoming all too familiar. As the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S., Alzheimer's and related dementing illnesses are epidemic. How do you survive this disease which robs you of your very self? How do you survive watching someone you love slip away? Complete with AD Survival Tips , Donald's Story is t just a memoir. It is also a planning tool and a survival guide for dementia families, providing a roadmap through the tangled darkness. Still, despite the subject matter, this memoir is t wholly dark. How could it be when it is first and foremost a love story? Loving deeply and forever may render us vulnerable to pain, but therein lies the meaning of life. When all is said and done, Donald's Story is most purely a reminder of just how precious life is.
- Author(s)Gina Moreno Wilson J.D.
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight247 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.