All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionDonnybrook is one of the most iconic areas of South Dublin, a prosperous and peaceful suburb that is well-kwn as the being the heartland of Leinster Rugby. It derived its name, however, from the violence and carousing that were a regular feature of the area in the 1800s, and this book tells the story of the development and the journey from these inauspicious beginnings to its current form through a series of rare and beautifully produced photographs.
- Author BiographyDr Beatrice Doran grew up in Donnybrook and she still lives there. She was educated at Muckross and University College Dublin. A librarian by profession, Beatrice has worked in a number of academic libraries including the library at University College Cork and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland where she was Library Director. In her retirement she gained a PhD from the Smurfit Business School, University College Dublin. Beatrice has a keen interest in local history and archaeology and was active for a number of years in the Cork Historical & Archaeological Society as a Council member, Vice-President and Hon. Organiser. She is a member of the Ballsbridge, Donnybrook and Sandymount Historical Society, the Irish Georgian Society, the Royal Society of Antiquaries and the Royal Dublin Society.
- Author(s)Beatrice Doran
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note150 black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.