All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.66Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
About this product
- DescriptionMary Gaitskill returns with a lumius new collection of stories her first in more than ten years. In College Town l980, young people adrift in Ann Arbor debate the meaning of personal strength at the start of the Reagan era; in the urban fairy tale Mirrorball, a young man steals a girl s soul during a one-night stand; in The Little Boy, a woman haunted by the death of her former husband is finally able to grieve through a mysterious encounter with a needy child. Each story delivers the powerful, original language, and the dramatic engagement of the intelligent mind with the craving body or of the intelligent body with the craving mind that has come to be seen as stunningly emblematic of Gaitskill s fiction.
- Author Biography<b>Mary Gaitskill </b>is also the author of <i>Because They Wanted To</i> (nominated for a PEN/Faulkner Award) and the novel <i>Two Girls, Fat and Thin</i>. <i>Veronica</i> was nominated for the National Book Award. Gaitskill is the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, and her work has appeared in<i> The New Yorker, Harper s, Esquire, The Best American Short Stories</i>, and<i> The O. Henry Prize Stories</i>. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Mary Gaitskill
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Weight281 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.