All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDon't Kill the Bosses! is a cool-headed blueprint for changing companies by challenging the idea of boss-dominated relationships. The book explores the critical flaw of the boss/subordinate relationship: Management fails to establish a framework for subordinates to communicate in a forthright manner, so subordinates spin the facts for their bosses. The book identifies the culprit as one-sided accountability and shows the consequences: warped communication, corrupt internal politics, illusionary teamwork, and a pass-the-buck mentality. The proposed solution is surprisingly simple: Replace this particular hierarchical relationship -- without disposing of the organizational chart -- with an alternative model. The authors demonstrate how to establish candid, equal-footing relationships that allow organizations to work effectively and productively.
- Author BiographySamuel A. Culbert is Professor of Management at UCLA's Anderson Graduate School of Management, a position he has held for over twenty-five years. Prior to UCLA, Culbert taught at The George Washington University and was Program Director in the Organization Studies Center of The NTL Institute of Applied Behavioral Sciences Culbert is widely recognized as an expert and theoretician in the management field having authored several books and numerous research articles He holds a McKinsey award for an article published in the Harvard Business Review, wrote The Organization Trap, and In 1980 his book The Invisible War: Pursuing Self-Interests At Work (coauthored with John J. McDonough) won the AAP award as the best business and management book published that year He is author of Mind-Set Management: The Heart of Leadership, published in 1996 by Oxford University Press, a much acclaimed general trade book with across the board positive reviews. John Ullmen is currently the Senior Manager for Organizational Effectiveness at Earthlink He has been a consultant in the Management Communication Program at UCLA's Anderson School of Management for the last four years, and has been a consultant to several Internet startup businesses.
- Author(s)John B. Ullmen,Samuel A. Culbert
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleUK Professional Business Management / Business
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight470 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.