All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionA cowboy goverr finds himself the accidental leader of Texas's right-wing revolution in this irreverent, entertaining debut vel.Written with the comedic mastery of Christopher Buckley, Don't Mess with Travis tells the story of Ben Travis, a -name Texas senator who becomes goverr after a late-night accident takes the lives of the men ahead of him in the chain of command.Before the paint has even dried on his parking spot, the recently divorced Travis uncovers the latest Washington power grab and decides there's only one solution: secession. The stunt pits Travis (and Texas) against the president, a golf-obsessed, progressive egomaniac with spotty leadership skills. The liberal elites are behind the president, and they will try every dirty trick to derail the new goverr and hold on to the most prosperous state in the Union. Despite the doomsday threats from D.C., Travis forges ahead in a thrilling and hysterical quest to fight big-government tyranny and restore sanity to the nation.Can Travis avoid a second Civil War without bending his knee to Washington? Will his own daughter and ex-wife come to his aid or sell him out? Most important, can they get all this settled before the beginning of high school football season?In the tradition of Advise and Consent and Primary Colors, Don't Mess with Travis brilliantly lampoons all that's wrong with present-day politics while waving the flag behind everything that's right.
- Author BiographyBOB SMILEY began his writing career as a research assistant to the late, great William F. Buckley, Jr. In 2008, he wrote the sports memoir Follow the Roar, chronicling his journey around the globe as he followed Tiger Woods for every hole of an entire season. He continues to work in television and film, having written for network sitcoms as well as for Fox News Channel's Half Hour News Hour. He recently wrote a Goonies -esque pilot for Disney XD and is developing a half-hour political comedy for AMC.
- Author(s)Bob Smiley
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.