All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a continuation of the Pension series. A must read in this book is the Pension Application for William Crolius. The widow's deposition in the file tells about the privations and hardships that many women faced and coped with on their own. Still they survived and bore children, and survived managed. Ather must read is the pension for Jacob Youker. This pension mentions that so many thought there was just one fort, t two in the western part of Fort Plain. He says there was just one, absolutely! The cover of the book bears an image of a family record, probably torn out of the family bible. The pensions have many family records torn out for proof of marriage. Too many records were lost during the Revolution. The longest pension applications are from the widows, they had a dreadful time proving their marriage. Many times the preacher wouldn't baptize a baby unless the parents were married and this is ather reason why the family record of births are included in the applications.
- Author(s)Aj Berry
- Date of Publication09/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.