Don't Wait for the Next War: A Strategy for American Growth and Global Leadership by Wesley K. Clark (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the end of the Cold War came t the end of history, but the end of America's sense of its strategic purpose in the world. Then, after a decade of drift, the US was violently dragged back into international conflict. Its armed forces responded magnificently but its leaders' objectives were substantially flawed. We fought the wrong war--twice--for reasons that were opaque, and few American citizens understood the cause for which their sons and daughters were fighting and dying. War is a poor substitute for strategic vision, and decisions made in the heat of imminent conflict are often limited by the emotions of the moment. In Don't Wait for the Next War, Wesley K. Clark, a retired four-star general of the US army and former Democratic candidate for president, presents a compelling argument for continued American global leadership and the basis on which it can succeed--a new American strategy. America needs both new power and deeper perspective. The platform for American leadership is to use America's energy resources to spark sustainable ecomic growth, building new strength to deal with pressing domestic issues like the deficit as well as the longer term challenges to US security--terrorism, cyber threats, the next financial crisis, China's rising power, and climate change. Such a strategy is t only achievable but essential, and it is urgently needed. This is the true test of American leadership for the next two decades, but it must start w, so America has the power and vision to deal with the acute crises that will inevitably come--in the Mideast, Europe, or Asia.
- Author BiographyGeneral (ret.) Wesley K. Clark is a distinguished fellow at UCLA's Burkle Center and a retired four-star general in the United States Army. He served as Supreme Allied Commander Europe, where he led NAT O forces to victory in Operation Allied Force, the war in Kosovo. He is chairman and CEO of Wesley K. Clark & Associates, a strategic consulting ?rm, and is the author of Winning Modern Wars, Waging Modern War, and A Time to Lead. He serves as a member of the Clinton Global Initiative's Energy & Climate Change Advisory Board, and is the recipient of many awards, including the Purple Heart and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Author(s)Wesley K. Clark
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight472 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.