All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $26.80Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $56.34Trending at AU $60.28
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
About this product
- DescriptionA resistant Lily discovers that new experiences don't need to be scary in this engaging, deftly told story certain to resonate with young children. <br>One morning, Lily's mom wakes up with a sore throat and achy head and needs to stay in bed. But Lily's dad needs to go to work. Who will look after Lily? When Dad arranges for her to spend the day at Melanie's house, Lily is ne too happy. Don't want to go! she says. Even though Melanie has a friendly dog named Ringo and a funny baby named Sam, Lily is shy and wants to sit under the table with her toy Bobbo. But maybe a chance to make silly collages, or feed Sam lunch, or hold Ringo's leash might make her feel braver--and maybe she'll start having so much fun she won't want to leave at the end of the day! With illustrations that keenly convey emotion through the subtlest gesture, Shirley Hughes mines a familiar situation for its most genuine moments and creates a truly reassuring story for young children.
- Author BiographyShirley Hughes is the illustrator of more than two hundred children's books and has won many prestigious awards, including the Kate Greenaway Medal twice. She is the author-illustrator of THE CHRISTMAS EVE GHOST and OLLY AND ME 1 2 3. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Shirley Hughes
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width234 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Shirley Hughes
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.