All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the success of Don'ts for Husbands and Don'ts for Wives a brand new old collection of advice for couples from courtship to the honeymoon. On looking for a partner in life: Don't single out a girl if you do t intend to propose to her, for the way in which your conduct is regarded will be greatly influenced by your banking account On The Question: Don't rush but chose an auspicious moment, A man who tries to propose when a servant is expected to arrive with a scuttle of coals is t likely to meet with much favour. On the Engagement: Don't allow awkward pauses to break the conversation because your thoughts and eyes are hungrily trying to follow your lover, who is manfully assisting the hostess. On Planning The Event: Don't forget that elderly bridesmaids in youthful frocks and girlish hats are ridiculous to the unthinking, and pathetic to those who look below the surface. On Gifts: Don't be thoughtless - Good silver is always a joy, but remember the young wife with only one servant will have to rub up her own silver backed brushes and sweetmeat dishes if she wants them to look nice. The Honeymoon: Don't indulge in a long honeymoon. Undisturbed possession soon palls, and man was made for something more virile than perpetual billing and cooing.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Weight52 g
- Width65 mm
- Height107 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.