All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThough we may take them for granted, doorways impinge on our lives in many ways. Their powers are even richer and more varied than those of the wall. They can change the ways we behave, and alter how we see our surroundings. They challenge us and protect our territories. They punctuate our experiences as we move from place to place. They set the geometry and measure of our relationship with space. They frame the 'in-between' and stand as crystalisations of the moment. With its many dimensions, the doorway is an essential component of what might be called 'the common language of architecture'. Illustrated with numerous drawings and photographs, Doorway is a stimulus to thinking about what can be done with architecture. The tebook style offers an example to student architects of how they might keep their own architecture tebooks, collecting ideas, sorting strategies, generally expanding their understanding of the potential of architecture to modify the world in practical, philosophical and poetic ways.
- Author BiographySimon Unwin is Professor of Architecture at Dundee University. He has lived and taught in Britain and Australia, and lectured on his work in China, Israel, India, Sweden, Turkey and the United States. His book Analysing Architecture has been translated into Chinese, Japanese, Persian and Spanish.
- Author(s)Simon Unwin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note133 black & white halftones, 180 black & white line drawings
- Weight826 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.