All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeralded as one of the greatest figures in the history of modern witchcraft, Doreen Valiente made an unparalleled contribution to contemporary spiritual practice. This book tells her fascinating story, from her earliest encounters with the Craft to her work with Gerald Gardner and her emergence as one of the foremost thinkers in the revival of Paganism and witchcraft. Revealing previously unkwn details drawn from first-hand testimony and her personal papers, <em>Doreen Valiente Witch</em> reveals how Valiente’s singular vision captivated millions of modern witches and Pagans around the world.</p><strong><em>Published in association with the Centre for Pagan Studies and the Doreen Valiente Foundation.</em></strong></p><strong>Praise: </strong></p>“Doreen Valiente is the mother of the modern witchcraft movement.”—Christopher Penczak, bestselling author of <em>The Inner Temple of Witchcraft</em></p>“Doreen Valiente is a shining star, a heroine, and role model for the witchcraft community.”—Judika Illes, author of <em>Encyclopedia of Witchcraft</em> </p>“Doreen Valiente has been called the mother of modern witchcraft and that is exaggeration. She helped open the path that many of us walk some variation of today, and led the way with a grace and strength we could all hope to emulate.” —Deborah Blake, author of <em>Everyday Witchcraft</em> </p>“I am thrilled to see at last a well-researched biography of Doreen Valiente. . . . This is a must read for the historical and personal perspective on the modern adaptations of the Old Religion.”—Ann Moura, author of the Green Witch series</p>“Doreen Valiente was a seminal influence on the modern magical world. Her lasting contributions to our community are both valuable and vast.”—Tess Whitehurst, author of <em>Holistic Magic</em></p>“An amazing story of a strong and powerful-minded woman who truly took her own spirituality by the reigns. . . . The best way to describe this book is that it is t just a biography, but it is a public service and a true gift to the Craft community.”—<em>The Wild Hunt</em></p>“It is a wonderful read. . . . Philip Heselton writes beautifully and has researched with his usual care. . . . Above all, he paints Doreen to the life, with accuracy and affection. —Ronald Hutton, Professor of History, University of Bristol</p><em> </em></p>
- Author Biography<strong>Philip Heselton</strong> is one of the world's leading authorities on the roots of Wicca, witchcraft, and neo-paganism. He's the author of the acclaimed two-volume biography of Gerald Gardner, <em>Witchfather</em>, as well as <em>Wiccan Roots</em> and <em>Gerald Gardner and the Cauldron of Inspiration</em>. He lives in the UK.</p>
- Author(s)Philip Heselton
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.