All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionMany publications highlight the beauty of this area, both from land and air, but this is the first to feature photographs shot entirely from the coast's best viewpoint - the sea.Few people are fortunate eugh to spend time on Dorset's coastal waters, but this volume enables everyone to appreciate what it's like to be 'out there looking in'.Enjoy a boat tour with a photographer plainly in love with his home turf (or should that be surf?).Enjoy the majesty of West Dorset's sandstone cliffs glowing orange at sunset, the 18 miles of Chesil Beach pebbles and the harsh beauty of Portland, source of the stone that built London.Cruise across Weymouth Bay with its myriad water users, from jetskiers to 100,000-tonne tankers (t to mention the dolphins).In Purbeck, appreciate outside views of famous Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove, the shale cliffs around Kimmeridge and the quarries beyond St Alban's Head.Finally, get up close and personal with Old Harry and his family, the stunning chalk stacks that form the easternmost, and youngest, stretch of the Jurassic Coast.
- Author BiographySteve Belasco has been a professional photographer since 1982, being awarded Associateships of both the Royal Photographic Society and British Institute of Professional Photography. He has Royal Yachting Association qualifications in sailing and powerboating. For the past 26 years he has worked for Dorset's daily and weekly newspapers and monthly magazines as both a photographer and journalist. Steve has lived in South Dorset for 26 years and he and his wife Josie and sons Louis and Tristan have their own motorboat berthed in Portland Harbour. They live in the village of Portesham, on the Jurassic Coast between Weymouth and Bridport.
- Author(s)Steve Belasco
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note100
- Weight903 g
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.