All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionAfter twenty years of traveling throughout Mexico, Chef Ivy Stark became enchanted by the colorful, tasty native foods and was determined to bring them to America. From stylish couples enjoying beef tacos at a cafe to day laborers standing at a counter over a paper plate filled with carnitas, everyone loves this delicious, accessible cuisine. While the bright, robust flavors of Mexican cooking have tempted taste buds rth of the border for decades, only recently has the country's lesser-kwn street food made its way onto the American table via California and the Southwest. Versatile and simple, these dishes can be enjoyed as a quick nibble or as part of an elegant meal. Stark introduces both beginners and skilled cooks to such traditional foods as Mexico City corn, smoked fish tostadas, plantain croquettes, and much more. Stark offers time-saving techniques and make-ahead suggestions, as well as tips for working with Mexican seasonings and produce like chilies and plantains.
- Author BiographyIvy Stark is the executive chef at Dos Caminos. There she offers diners a wealth of experience gained at some of the country's top restaurants, as well as such acclaimed dining destinations as Sign of the Dove and Cena. A graduate of Peter Kump's (now the Institute of Culinary Education), she worked in various top restaurants including the award-winning Border Grill, Ciudad, Match Uptown, Zocalo, Rosa Mexicano, and Amalia. She is ranked among New York's top chefs and has made numerous television appearances. Joanna Pruess is an award-winning author, whose work has appeared in the New York Times Sunday Magazine, the Washington Post, Food Arts, Saveur, Food & Wine, and the Associated Press syndicate. She has developed recipes for clients including Bella Cucina Artful Food, Bigelow Tea, Stonewall Kitchen, Sarabeth's Kitchen, More Than Gourmet, Dufour Pastry Kitchens, and Vanns Spices. Her most recent cookbooks are The Cast Iron Cookbook and Seduced by Bacon. She and her husband, restaurant critic Bob Lape, live in the Bronx, New York.
- Author(s)Ivy Stark
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note100 colour photos
- Weight792 g
- Width20 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine204 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.