CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare to enter a world where thing is ever quite what it seems, where elephants squat in living rooms, plastic ducks fall from the skies and even the rabbits can't be trusted. The fifty-eight stories in Jonathan Pinck's Scott Prize-winning collection Dot Dash show a vivid yet disciplined imagination at work. These stories, many of which have individually won prizes, are populated by a rich variety of characters, including a tightrope-walking couple with marital issues, a graffiti artist with an agenda and an interviewee who's about to find out some awkward truths about himself. Very few of them turn out to be completely incent, and ne of them remains unaffected by the experience. Jonathan Pinck's unashamedly entertaining fictions explore what happens when the macabre and the absurd crash headlong into everyday life. As writer Tania Hershman says, he 'isn't content to just pull back the curtain, but sets fire to it and chuckles as it blazes'. With this incendiary first collection, he invites readers to pull up a chair and watch the flames rise.
- Author BiographyJonathan Pinnock has written all sorts of stuff and has been published all over the place, including the BBC. His novel Mrs Darcy versus the Aliens was published by Proxima in September 2011 and was followed in October 2012 by his Salt short story collection Dot Dash . He blogs at www.jonathanpinnock.com and tweets as @jonpinnock.
- PrizesLong-listed for Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award 2013 and Edge Hill Prize for the Short Story 2013.
- Author(s)Jonathan Pinnock
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.