All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionDouble Crossed Roads is set in and around New Orleans and the surrounding bayou country. It is a sequel to Crossed Roads and continues the story of Ali and David Rushing who are dealing with Ali's multiple personality disorder, a malady discovered at the end of the first book and with growing awareness of the manifestations in this story. Ali and David fell in love during their college days at Tulane. Now 16 years later, the discovery of Ali's alternate identities (Claire and Remee) presents a challenge to their marriage. David, a physician, and Ali, a school counselor, are dedicated to understanding why this disorder manifested itself as it did and why it continues. The various personalities are complex and the impact of their realities taxes their marriage heavily. Family history from Ali's parents and visits to her hometown of Houma, LA, provide some insight which helps her come to terms with the concept of her life as three different women. The travel also allows the reader to experience some of the fascination of the Creole and Cajun cultures as well as a bit of insight into the present-day Voodoo practices and beliefs. All the characters essentially undertake the task of determining which aspects of their lives are reality, which are imagination and which are based on faith and interpretation. The story is a work of fiction but settings are authentic and picturesque; and readers who live in or have visited the area extensively will recognize some familiar places.
- Author BiographyMargaret Ward was born in Natchitoches, LA, and spent a significant amount of her life in the southeastern Louisiana area. Her undergraduate degree was earned at Tulane; and from that time on she has worked in various professional roles requiring significant attention to behavioral models and personalities. Whether true or false, the stories shared with her by others as well as consideration of her own memories started the cog wheels turning to mold aspects of characters now presenting in her novels.
- Author(s)MS Margaret S Ward
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.