All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Now a major motion picture! Starring Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Amy Adams. Written and directed by John Patrick Shanley from his Pulitzer Prize winning play.</b></p> The best new play of the season. That rarity of rarities, an issue-driven play that is unpreachy, thought-provoking, and so full of high drama that the audience with which I saw it gasped out loud a half-dozen times at its startling twists and turns. Mr. Shanley deserves the highest possible praise: he doesn t try to talk you into doing anything but thinking-hard-about the gnarly complexity of human behavior. Terry Teachout, <i>The Wall Street Journal</i></p> A breathtaking work of immense proportion. Positively brilliant. Melissa Rose Bernardo, <i>Entertainment Weekly</i></p> #1 show of the year. How splendid it feels to be trusted with such passionate, exquisite ambiguity unlike anything we have seen from this prolific playwright so far. In just ninety fast-moving minutes, Shanley creates four blazingly individual people. <i>Doubt</i> is a lean, potent drama . . . passionate, exquisite, important and engrossing. Linda Winer, <i>Newsday</i></p><b>John Patrick Shanley</b> is the author of numerous plays, including <i>Danny in the Deep Blue Sea</i>, <i>Dirty Story</i>, <i>Four Dogs and a Bone</i>, <i>Psychopathia</i>, <i>Sexualis</i>, <i>Sailor s Song</i>, <i>Savage in Limbo</i>, and <i>Where s My Money?</i> He has written extensively for TV and film, and his credits include the teleplay for <i>Live from Baghdad</i> and screenplays for <i>Congo</i>; <i>Alive</i>; <i>Five Corners</i>; <i>Joe Versus the Volca</i>, which he also directed; and <i>Moonstruck</i>, for which he won an Academy Award for best original screenplay.</p>
- Author BiographyJohn Patrick Shanley is from the Bronx. He was thrown out of St. Helene's kindergarten, banned from St. Anthony's hot lunch program and expelled from Cardinal Spellman High School. When asked why he had been treated in this way, he burst into tears and said he had no idea. Then he went into the Marine Corps. He did fine. He is still doing ok.
- Author(s)John Patrick Shanley
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.