All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIt seemed that everyone in the bleak little village of Thornwich had been houred with the most obscene poison pen letters imaginable. And they showed signs of letting up. So off goes Chief Inspector Dover of Scotland Yard, his unfortunate young colleague MacGregor in tow, to track down the source. Not-so-comfortably ensconced in the miserable lodgings of the Jolly Sailor, Dover's easy confidence is quickly shaken when he suddenly has to deal with two suicides -- one attempted, the other all-too-successful -- black-market babies, and various bowel disorders. When the second suicide begins to look more and more like murder, however, it is only a matter of time before Dover comes face-to-face with a most determined, and totally unlikely killer. Completing the trilogy that first introduced Dover to an international audience, Dover Three combines black humour and earthy detail in a wickedly perceptive picture of rural English life.
- Author BiographyJoyce Porter was born in Marple, Cheshire, and educated at King's College, London. In 1949 she joined the Women's Royal Air Force, and, on the strength of an intensive course in Russian, qualified for confidential work in intelligence. When she left the service in 1963 she had completed three detective novels. Porter is best known for her series of novels featuring Detective Inspector Wilfred Dover. Dover One appeared in 1964, followed by nine more in a highly successful series. Porter also created the reluctant spy Eddie Brown, and the Hon-Con , the aristocratic gentlewoman-detective Constance Ethel Morrison Burke.
- Author(s)Joyce Porter
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.