Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>A rollicking tale of a small Southern town by the bestselling author of <i>Run with the Horsemen</i></b> With his naturalistic and humorous storytelling style, Ferrol Sams has won fans from all walks of life, especially those drawn to Southern fiction. And while the literary landscape of the rural South is peppered with great storytellers, few are as endearing as James Aloysius ?Buster? Holcombe, Jr., the observant narrator of Sams's new vel. From Reconstruction, the first World War, the Depression, and World War II, to racial integration, land speculation, and ecomic boom, Buster Holcombe recounts the events that have shaped our country since the mid-nineteenth century through the eyes of the wide-ranging denizens of ?our town.? <i>Down Town</i> offers a paptic history of the American South, carefully observed and skillfully presented by a native son.
- Author BiographyFerrol Sams is a physician, humorist, storyteller, and the bestselling author of eight novels rooted in the oral tradition of southern humor and folklore. He lives in Fayetteville, Georgia.
- Author(s)Ferrol Sams
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight213 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.