All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionAfter tales from the USA and Britain, Bill Bryson turns his roving eye to Australia, the only island that is also a continent and the only continent that is also a country. It is the driest, flattest, most desiccated, infertile and climatically aggressive of all the inhabited continents. It has more things that can kill you in a very nasty way that anywhere else. Yet when Bill Bryson travelled to Australia he promptly fell in love with the country. And who can blame him? The people are cheerful, the cities safe and clean, the food is excellent, the beer is cold and the sun nearly always shines. He tries to find out why Aussies are so cool, digging up a past that reveals convicts, explorers, gold diggers and outlaws.
- PrizesWinner of WH Smith Book Awards (Travel Writing) 2001 and WH Smith Book Awards: Travel 2001.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2000
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/12/2010
- Content Notemaps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.